A crown is a dental restoration used to restore a severely damaged or decayed tooth to optimal health and function. The dental crown is designed to entirely cover the damaged tooth, returning it to its original size, appearance, and shape. Dental crowns are custom made to comfortably and effectively fit your smile. While dental crowns can be made of several types of materials, including gold and porcelain fused to metal, porcelain crowns are very popular because of their natural aesthetic.
If your tooth is seriously decayed or injured, our talented dentists may recommend a dental crown. Crowns can be used to:
- Complete a dental implant
- Protect a tooth after root canal therapy
- Strengthen a cracked or weakened tooth
- Support a dental filling when little original tooth structure remains
- Enhance the beauty of your smile
- Improve a misshapen tooth
In most cases, we can complete your custom dental crown in just two comfortable visits to our office. We invite you to contact us at Huckabee Family Dentistry today to learn more about crowns and to set up your consultation with Drs. Sam and Melanie Huckabee. We are committed to restoring your smile!