What is a dental bridge?
A bridge is a dental restoration used to replace one or multiple missing teeth. The dental bridge “bridges” the gap that is left after a tooth has been lost or extracted. The bridge is anchored in place through the use of two dental crowns, which are placed on the teeth or dental implants next to the gap. These dental crowns support the artificial replacement tooth (called a pontic), ensuring that your dental restoration is secure and stable. Dental bridges can be used to replace either one missing tooth or multiple missing teeth in a row.
Do I need a dental bridge?
If you are missing one or more teeth, our caring dentists, Drs. Sam and Melanie Huckabee, will help you determine whether a dental bridge is the best option for restoring your smile. A dental bridge can improve your smile by:
- Restoring your ability to correctly speak and eat
- Improving your facial shape and volume
- Relieving uneven stress on the bite
- Preventing the remaining natural teeth from moving into the space left by the missing tooth
- Enhancing the appearance of your smile
We welcome you to call or visit Huckabee Family Dentistry soon to learn more about dental bridges and our other dental restorations.